A Parent's Pledge
I know that children learn best when families and schools work together. As a parent, I pledge to:
- Spend some time talking and listening to my child every day.
- Praise my child for good work in school and good behavior at home.
- Help my child develop self-confidence and self-discipline.
- Talk with my child's teacher about how my child is doing in school .
- Encourage reading. I will read to my child, and I will listen as my child reads to me.
- Make sure my child gets healthy meals, enough sleep, and good exercise every day.
- Love my child enough to say NO when necessary.
- Help my child discover the joy that learning and thinking can bring at any age
- Talk with my child about school work.
- Set a regular time and place for school work. During this time, there will be NO television, NO radio, NO phone calls