Be A Good Role Model For Your Child
Children learn by imitating. Be the kind of person you want your child to be.
Your child will learn to do the same.
- If you treat others COURTEOUSLY and fairly, so will he.
- If you LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLE and try to help them, so will she.
- If you show RESOURCEFULNESS, so will he.
- If you KEEP CALM when things go wrong, so will she.
- If you SHOW YOUR LOVE, so will she.
- If you RESPECT HIM, he'll respect you.
- If you HAVE SELF-DISCIPLINE, she'll learn it too.
- If you tackle problems with a POSITIVE ATTITUDE ("I can do it") rather than a negative attitude ("Oh no, what will I do now?")
Why Read Aloud?
How To Read Aloud?
- Re-enforced lifelong reading
- Allows for nurturing of shared experiences
- Demonstrates the connections between oral & written language
- Arouses the imagination
- Leads to knowledge about t variety of literature & authors
- Offers opportunities for active listening
- Utilizes appropriate language patterns
- Develops achievement potential
- Preview and practice reading the book
- Set aside a time each day for reading aloud
- Vary the length and subject matter
- Adjust yur pace and intonation to fit the story
- Select books that are interesting for your audience
- Allow time for students to react to the selection through conversation role-play